Hey lover! I have been lucky enough lately to have cooking lessons from my sweet mother. Last night I learned how to make her delicious Colombian-style lentils and today I will share her recipe.
Makes about 6 servings – Ingredients:
-1 pound of lentils (about half a standard sized bag)
-1 red potato
-1/2 tablespoon of yellow coloring
-1 tablespoon of Adobo for seasoning
1. Begin by rinsing the lentils, which I used the strainer to make this process easier.
2. Rinse the potato and carrot, then dice both.
3. Place in your pressure cooker the lentils, diced carrot, diced potato, and add water to cover 1 inch above ingredients. Add in your seasoning as well.
4. Cook on high until pressure cooker begins to sizzle. Once sizzling, turn down to medium and allow to cook for 15-18 minutes.
5. Afterwards, turn off the heat and allow to sit on hot stove and cook for an extra 10 minutes.
6. Carefully remove lid and check that your lentils are not too watery. Lentils can easily break or burn, so if they still require more cooking, do so on medium heat and try not to exceed 8-10 minutes.
We enjoyed our lentils with some brown rice and a fresh salad, but feel free to pair with your favorite side dishes. Hope you enjoy!