Hi lover! As mentioned in my recent posts, I spent the weekend at Bimini Bay in the Bahamas. It’s a small island and very different than the huge city I’m used to living in. Here is what I packed for my trip and some useful tips:
- Any island in the Caribbean typically has warm weather all year long. Keeping that in mind, I packed clothes that would be very light. This was the first trip I only packed the amount of clothes I would actually use (not 3 different options per day) haha!
- Since I packed a limited amount of clothes, I totally forgot to bring a jacket. I highly suggest you pack a light sweater or jacket, because while being close to the ocean, it tends to get very windy.
- For a weekend trip, I only packed one bathing suit. If you would like another alternative, pack a basic colored bottom and two tops that match it well.
- Any hair tools (including hair brushes and hair spray) pack in a travel case. Mine is the long silver one in the photos above, in which I took 2 brushes and a curling wand. I did not end up using this though, so unless your hair takes under 15 minutes to style, you can probably skip out on this.
- I always pack my shoes in dust bags, which is a huge travel tip so nothing else in your suitcase gets dirty. Mine are packed on the right side of the bag, under the wipes. I only packed 1 pair of flip flops and 1 pair of wedges for at night.
- My last tip is to pack an extra, empty, plastic bag (mine is the yellow Forever 21 bag on the right) to place all your dirty laundry. This makes it so much easier for unpacking. I always like to unpack as soon as I return home and I dump all the contents of my “dirty laundry bag” straight into the hamper.
What are some great travel packing tips you have? Thanks for stopping by today!